Creamy Asparagus Soup
The best kind of comfort food when your tryint to diet and eat Paleo. As the weather gets colder we all know we love the taste of comfort food. Let’s stay warm together with this soup.
- 4 Sweet potato cut in chunks ( You can sub with squash or turnips)
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 lb of asparagus steamed
- 3 thick cut chicken breast chopped (optional)
- 1lb of large shrimp
- 1 can of organic coconut milk
- 1/4 cups of shallot chopped
- 1/4 cup of red onion chopped
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp of organic white wine
- 2Tbsp of coconut oil or olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Season Shrimp with pepper and 1 tbsp of coconut milk, set aside
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan, and red onions and shallots. Cook till tender
- Remove onions and add in a food processor or blender along with your steamed asparagus and white wine puree till smooth.
- Season chicken with black pepper add to saucepan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil .
- Once chicken is cooked add sweet potato, coconut milk, puree asparagus and chicken broth. With the flame on low cook slow cook till sweet potato has soften.
- Once potato is to your liking add shrimp and let cook for another 15-20 minutes
Yummy, eat up and enjoy.