One thing I miss the most doing this Paleo diet is bread…. But I found a way to relax that craving. After a great workout I long for a hearty breakfast not a typical smoothie as some do. Perfect for breakfast or Brunch.
- Large sweet Potato Shredded
- 4 Eggs
- 4 slices of uncured apple smoked bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 Jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1/3 cups of red onion chopped
- 1/3 cups of red peppers chopped
- Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or coconut milk
- A pinch of salt
- Olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray
- In a bowl combine Almond flout, Tapioca flour and your choice of non dairy milk. Mix well
- In a frying pan spray with cooking spray
- Pour mixture in pan and spread to desired thickness. ( Note the thinner it is the crisper it becomes. Cook as if your making a pancake) repeat till batter is complete ( Makes about 4)
- Spray pan and add your shredded sweet potato. Lay flat like your going to make a pancake and let it cook on one side for about 5 minutes
- in a bowl combine eggs onions, peppers, mix well
- Once you flip the sweet potato pour your eggs on top.
- After about 2-3 minutes flip and cook on other side.
- Cook eggs to desired texture
- Top with Salsa and crumbled Bacon
- Add Ghee to your naan
Yummy, eat up and enjoy