Spicy Collard Greens
- 1/2 cup of bacon pieces
- 1 lbs of cut cleaned collard greens
- 1/2 lbs of kale
- 1/2 lbs of cut cleaned mustard greens
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/3 cup of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of vinegar
- 3 cups of water
- Cook bacon in a large pot over medium heat till semi cooked
- Add red onion. Cook till soft
- Add chicken broth, vinegar, red pepper flakes, sugar and hot sauce
- Add greens to the pot mix well. Add water and let come to a boil. Turn flame on low and cover. Let cook on low for 3 hours
- Occasionally stir and taste your broth add salt or pepper if needed.
Goes great with Creamy Mac & Cheese, Pot roast, Sweet Potato, Lemon Pepper Wings and Homemade Cornbread. The perfect Sunday dinner combo. Especially when you have brothers like I do.
Yummy, Eat up and enjoy.