The ultimate comfort food. Everyone loves a pot roast, but this slow cooked goodness with your favorite seasoning will have you and others feeling so warm inside. Keep in mind I cook what my palate likes, everyone should do same. This way you always know it taste good. Now roll up them sleeves pull out that cutting board, pull all your favorite seasonings and let’s begin
Crock pot Pot roast
- 1 chuck roast
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2tbsp of unsalted butter melted
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 ears of corn cut into chunks
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch or you can use canned gravy instead of making your own
- 2 tbsp steak seasoning. *Note you can use any seasoning you like on your steak, I make my own homemade steak seasoning. Use whatever appeases you pallet*
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1tsp of paprika
- Set your crockpot on high, if you’re cooking for 4 hours set your timer to 4hrs 30 mins, if you’re cooking for 8 hours set for 8hrs 30 turn on low once 30 minutes have passed
- Add 2tbsp of olive oil to the pot , cover
- Chop carrots, onions, potatoes and corn add to crock pot
- Sprinkle Salt thyme and rosemary on your chopped veggies.
- Coat both sides of meat with butter.
- Rub each side with 1 tbsp of your choice of steak seasoning, add on top of veggies in your crockpot
- Pour in the broth. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- With 1 hour remaining to cook, either pour in canned gravy and Cover
- Using a ladle or turkey baster, retrieve most of the cooking juices from the slow cooker. Transfer juices to a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat on the stovetop. Whisk together the cornstarch with a little water. Blend into the pan juices while whisking. Bring back to a simmer until thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Pour into crockpot and cover.
Yummy! Eat up & Enjoy!
One thought on “Crock pot, Pot roast”