- 8 tbsp of butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease baking pan, set aside
- In a large skillet melt butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until well blended.
- In a bowl, combine buttermilk with baking soda. Mix well
- Add mixture in pan.
- Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into baking pan
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, optional
One thought on “Homemade Cornbread”