Sweet Potato Pie
- 6 sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese
- Pie Crust * You can use pre-made pie crust but if want to make your own from scratch see below *
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- Butter pie dish add crust
- Place pie crust in the oven for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Bring potato to a boil set aside
- In a bowl add sugar & cream cheese. Mix well
- Add 1 egg & heavy cream. Mix well
- Add cinnamon and Vanilla
- Add sweet potato. Mix all together
*Taste the mixture to make sure it is sweet enough. I don’t like my pie so sweet so I tend to be light on the sugar.*
- Once mixture is to your liking, add to crust
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
How to make homemade pie crust
- 1 Tbs of salt
- 6 Tbs of butter
- 3 Tbs of water
- 1 Cup of Flour
Grab a bowl and lets begin
- Combine flour and salt.
- Cut in 6 tablespoons butter with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- ( If you have a pastry blender it will be a lot quicker but if not proceed with the fork)
- Stir in enough cold water with fork just until flour is moistened.
- Shape into ball; flatten slightly.
- Roll out ball of dough on floured surface into a circle.
- Fold into quarters.
- Place dough into pie pan;
- Unfold, pressing firmly against bottom and sides.
- Trim crust from edge of pan.
- I always cook my pie crust for about 10 mins or until lightly brown before I add any filling. If you don’t that is fine as well. My style your liking