The Paleo diet is the healthiest way you can eat because it is the only nutritional approach that works with your genetics to help you stay lean, strong and energetic! Even tho some of the ingredients can be pricy, it’s your choice of your diet needs. This is a simple recipe that taste amazing, try it out and see if you like it.
White Fish with Spicy Cabbage
- 1 Cup of shredded shredded cabbage
- ½ cup mayonnaise ( Homemade Mayonnaise (Paleo) I Make my own
- ¼ cup sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound white fish cut into thick pieces ( I used Catfish but you can use what you like)
- ¾ cup corn starch corn
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive or Avocado oil for frying
- 1 Tsp of ghee (Optional)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- In a bowl, add Mayo, relish, onions,vinegar,lemon juice, sriracha, red pepper flakes & honey mix well and taste. Adjust taste to your liking.
- Once you have the flavor that appeals to add shredded cabbage and carrots. Mix well
- In a large frying pan add oil and ghee (optional)
- In a bowl add flour,cornstarch, chili powder, garlic powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl add coconut milk and fish chunks mix well
- Once oil is hot take your fish and coat it with the flour mixture and add to the oil.
- Brow both sides for about 2-3 minutes. Place on a plate with paper towel to soak up the oil.
- Once done serve atop a bed of the spicy slaw.
Or as a wrap with a side of Guacamole
Yummy! Dig in and enjoy.