Thai Shrimp & Crab In Sweet & Spicy Sauce.
- Olive oil
- 2 shallots Chopped
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tomato, (diced)
- Zest of lemon
- 1 ½ cup of chicken stock
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- 1tsp of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1lb of cleaned and deveined raw shrimp
- Crab meat
- Jasmine rice
- Chop shallot and 4 cloves of garlic…. Set aside
Place raw shrimp in bowl season with 1 Tsp salt 1 Tbsp of lemon Juice… Set aside
- In a medium skillet or frying pan, heat up the olive oil. About 2-3 tbs of oil.
- Once pan is hot add the chopped onion and sliced garlic, cook till slightly rendered down.
- Add chopped tomato and cook until tomato’s are soft.
- Grate in the lemon zest and mix together.
- Add ½cup of chicken stock,
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 Tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Mix well
- Add ½ cup of coconut milk. Bring to a boil
- Once mixed together add raw shrimp,
- Once the shrimp starts to turn a little pink add the crab meat and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
Jasmine rice easy to make
1 cup of Jasmine rice 1 cup of water ½ cup of chicken broth 1 Tbsp of butter (Optional)
*If you don’t have chicken broth use 1 ½ cups of water*Combine rice, water, broth and butter in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitted lid, reduce heat to low simmer, and cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat (with lid on!) and let steam for about 10 minutes.
* If you don’t like Jasmine rice you can use any other rice to your liking*
Yummy! Eat up and enjoy