Half a$$ paella
I call this Half a$$ paella because I use chicken wings instead of chicken breast, and I only use shrimp, when there is also clams and mussels. Also tomato sauce is used which makes it a longer time to cook and boil down. So why is it paella? The saffron, This is something quick I can make after work. Leftovers are the best the next day. Simply because I don’t have to cook. Smiles. Now let’s begin.
- Chicken Wings
- 1/2 lb of Shrimp
- 6 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Half of a red and green pepper (chopped)
- 1 tomato
- 1 Small Onion (chopped)
- Chorizo (If you don’t like chorizo you can use ham, I like using steak ham)
- 2 Cups of long grain rice
- 2 Cups of water
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Salt
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 package of sazon
- Place Chicken wings in a bowl , season with onion powder, garlic salt, adobo and saffron. set aside
- Place Shrimp in a bowl season with onion powder, garlic salt and saffron. Set aside
- Cut cup Chorizo or ham… Set aside
- Cut up garlic, cilantro, onion, peppers and tomato. Set aside
After all your ingredients are cut up and set aside Click Here to see step by step of what do to next or read below
- In a cast iron stew pot, add your oil.
- Once oil is hot, add your chicken wings cook on both sides for 3 minutes covered. remove chicken wings. set aside
- Add your garlic, cilantro, onions, pepper and tomato to pot and let cook for a minute in the oil stirring often.
- Add Chorizo or ham.Stirring often
- Add 1 tsp of salt
- Add 1 tsp of adobo
- Add Chicken back in the pan. Let cook for 3 minutes stirring often.
- Mix in 1 envelope of sazon
- Add 2 cups of rice & 2 cups of water
- Mix all ingredients within the pot by stirring four times slowly with a wooden spoon.
- Once rice comes to a boil, turn down the flame and put the rice pot top on. – DO NOT STIR – Let cook for 35 minutes
- Once 35 minutes have passed remove lid and place shrimp on top – DO NOT STIR –
- Replace lid and let cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, mix rice and serve