One of my good friends makes the best pasta, she shared with me her favorite pasta dish and I will now share it with you. Thank you Jackie it was great!!!!
Jackie's sausage & pasta
- Broccoli Rabe
- Sweet & hot Italian Sausage
- Orecchiette Pasta
- 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- Grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
This is one of my favorite pasta recipes. I think you’d like it.
- Clean a head of broccoli rabe. Trim stalks.
- Chop leaves and florets into about 2-3 in pieces. Set aside.
- Take sweet n hot Italian sausage out of the casings (3 of each or to your taste).
- Put pot of well salted water to boil. When boiled, cook orecchiette pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta when done but save 1 cup of the salted starchy past water.
- In saucepan heat olive oil on medium high heat. Brown the sausage, season w salt and pepper.
- Once brown, add 4 minced garlic cloves and sauté until soft.
- Add the broccoli rabe and 1/2 cup chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce to medium low heat.
- Cover until broccoli rabe has wilted.
- Remove lid and cook until most of the liquid reduces. At this point you can add your pasta to the saucepan. You can add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add 1 cup of pasta water and cook on medium low heat for about 1 min til sauce coats pasta.
- Add three generous handfuls of fresh grated parmigiano reggiano cheese And mix until combined. Season with fresh black pepper.
Yummy! Eat up and enjoy.