What is pork bulgogi you ask, it is a Korean dish of thin pork, beef or chicken slices marinated in a spicy homemade Korean bbq sauce. It is amazing on a bbq grill but just as good on a skillet.The marinate is the key to lock in the ingredients to have that burst of flavor. Let’s try this simple recipe.
- 1 Medium pear, grated
- 2 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tspn crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp grated peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp toasted Olive oil or you can use sesame oil instead
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, Sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp of duck sauce or orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup of scallions chopped
- In a bowl combine grated pear, garlic,soy sauce, duck sauce, red pepper flakes, ginger, brown sugar, oil. Mix well
- Add thinly sliced pork to the bowl seal and let sit for 1/2 hour to 8 hours before cooking.
*I prepped mine in the morning and cooked it when I came home from work.*
- In a skillet heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Take 1/2 the meat from the bowl add to the pan in single layers and sprinkle with salt
- Let cook on both sides till brown and edges crisp up. remove from pan and add to a serving dish
- Repeat for the remaining 1/2
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve
Yummy, eat up and enjoy. Goes great with Jasmine rice.