The best kind of comfort food you can ask for. As the weather gets colder we all know we love the taste of comfort food. Let’s stay warm together with this soup.
- 8 Small red potato’s cut in chunks
- 1 stalk of leek chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 4 thick strips of bacon chopped (optional)
- 2 large chicken breast chopped
- 1 cup of half and half
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp of flour
- 4 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp of paprika
- 1 Tbsp of Basil
- 1Tbsp of Garlic salt
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup of mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with paprika, Basil, & Garlic Salt. Set aside
- In a hot cast iron pot add 1 tsp of olive oil, add bacon. Cook bacon all the way through. Remove from pan.
- Add 2 Tbsp of butter and chicken, let chicken sear and cook down for about 4 minutes remove from pan set aside
- Add 2 Tbs of butter, and whisk in flour.
- Once thick add Milk, Half and Half and broth to the pot. Mix well and let come to a boil.
- Add your chopped leeks, potato,carrots, onion,garlic,parsley, mushroom to the pot, mix well.
- Add your chicken and bacon to the pot.
- Cover and cook on low for two hours.
Yummy, Eat up and enjoy.