Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Bowls
- 1 large pineapple
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 cup of duck sauce
- 1/8 cup of sweet chili sauce
- 1/8 cup of pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Cut pineapple in half, lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh of each half, leaving some on the sides to make sure the pineapple boats are sturdy.
- Place the cut out pineapples in a bowl set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or frying pan.
- Add the chicken pieces, garlic
- and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Add the pineapple juice and mix well
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, sweet chili sauce, and duck sauce, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn the heat down and cook on low.
- Stir until the sauce is thick and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the sesame seeds and stir to combine, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Scoop a cup of rice into each of the pineapple boats, then add the teriyaki chicken.
Yummy! Eat up and enjoy.!