I use to make this for my daughter when she was a little girl, but now she is nearly a young woman and still says to me “Mommy can you make me knots”. So why not share this little treat that my mini me loves so much.
( You can do Lemon, or lime also if you like)
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuits or you can use puff pastries.
- 3 tbsp of melted butter
- 3 Tbsp of sugar ( Use for knots)
- 3 Tbsp of orange zest ( For those of you who don’t know zest is the peel of the fruit or in this case the orange, just get an orange and grated it with you cheese grater. There you have orange zest ;). )
- 1 cup of powdered sugar ( Used for glaze when knots are cooked)
- 2 tablespoon of orange juice. (Just cut your orange in half that you just zested and squeeze on half of it for the juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On your cookie sheet either butter or add wax paper
- Open your biscuits and one by one roll then in your hands till its like a rope
- Tie each rope into a knot and place it on your cookie sheet
- Brush each not with melted butter
- Now add sugar and 1 tbsp of orange zest in a bowl
- Dip buttered tops in sugar mixture with the orange zest
- Bake for 12-15minutes
- In a bowl add powdered sugar, orange juice and 1 tbsp of orange zest
- When knots come out the oven, immediately glaze
- Let cool for 5 mins and sprinkle powdered sugar on top
Yummy! Eat up and enjoy