Spiced Steak with Scallion Chimichurri and Spinach Couscous
- 1 Large Bell Pepper slice thin
- 2 Large cloves of garlic Minced
- 4 Stalks of Scallions cut thin separated by the whites and the greens
- 1 Lemon
- Steak ( I used a london broil and sliced in chunks of 4)
- 2 tsp of Cumin
- 2 tsp of seasoning salt
- 2 tsp of pepper
- Baby Spinach
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Let’s start with the Chimichurri Sauce
- In a small bowl add scallions greens, 1 tbsp of olive oil, Half of the lemon zested, and a squeeze of lemon to taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
Now lets cook
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil
- In a pan add 1 Tbsp of olive oil, once heated add bell peppers, scallions whites and minced garlic. Cook down for about 5 minutes. Remove from pan set aside
- In same pan add 2Tbsp of olive oil , once hot add steak pieces and sear until cooked to desired doneness. ( I did 7 minutes on each side, I like my steaks medium well). Set aside and let rest for 5 minutes
- with boiled water add couscous. I cook mine for exactly 9 minutes.
- Drain water
- Add your pepper mixture you had on the side and add baby spinach. Mix well
- Add You couscous to your plate top with your steak and drizzle your chimichurri sauce on top.
Yummy, Eat up and enjoy.