Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- 6 skin-on chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp of garlic salt
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper or chile lime seasoing
- 1 tbsp of paprika or smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup of kale.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Season chicken with smoked paprika, garlic salt, cayenne pepper,
- Add a little salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large cast iron pan over medium high heat. Add chicken, sear on both sides until golden brown, 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and set aside
- Drain excess fat and set aside.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the pan. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan, thyme, slice lemon in half and squeeze juice .
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, stir in spinach, and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce has slightly thickened. Return chicken to the pan.
- Place into oven and roast for 40 minutes
Goes great with rice and Homemade Cornbread