Spanish Rice & Beans
Making rice and beans to get that real Latin taste, you make your sofrito in the pot, it’s so simple and so fresh as you will see with the step by step directions I have listed below.
- Green pepper
- Red pepper
- Yellow pepper
- Beans (which ever you like to eat)
- 2 cups of Long Grain Rice ( I use carolina rice)
- Sazon (1 package)
- Cast iron pot with top
- Wooden spoon
- 2 cups of water.
- Cut up the Peppers, Garlic,Onions Cilantro…Set Aside
- Within your rice pot, add 4 tbsp of oil, spread it around the bottom and let it get hot.
- Once the oil is hot add in your cut up Peppers, Garlic,Onions Cilantro, Stir let it cook down for about 3 minutes on med/low heat
- Proceed to sprinkle 2 Tsp of Adobo and 1 pkg of Sazon and add 1/2 Tsp salt.
- Mix well and taste your seasoning mixture to assure it’s to your liking.
- Open the can of Beans and drain the water in a cup and put the water to the side.
- Add the Beans to the pot and mix well.
- Slowly pour in half the water that was drained from the Beans and let cook for 5 minutes
- Take 2 Cups of Rice and 2 Cups of Water and add into the pot.
- Mix all ingredients within the pot by stirring four times slowly with a wooden spoon.
- Once rice comes to a boil, turn down the flame and put the rice pot top on. -DO NOT STIR-
- Once the water has evaporated, stir and serve.
Yummy! Eat up and enjoy!